- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 sausage links (remove for meatless option)
- 2 cups of Trinity blend (onions, celery, green bell peppers)
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 pack of Red Beans (1lb)
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups of broth (veggie broth vegetarian option)
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Cajun seasoning to taste
- Everything seasoning to taste
- 1-2 Bay leafs
- OPTIONAL: Rinse and soak beans for 1-2 hours. Drain beans and sat aside.
- Press "Saute" button on the Instant Pot, and add oil.
- Add Trinity blend + garlic cook until onions turn soft and clear.
- Add about 1 tsp of Cajun Soul to veggies and stir.
- Add beans to pot and combine with veggies.
- Cancel "Saute" then add salt and sprinkle in more Cajun soul if needed, water and broth. (Make sure beans are fully submerged and covered in liquid. Adjust liquid if needed. No more than 1/2 inch above beans.)
- Close and lock lid in place. Press "Manual" and set to 40 minutes at high pressure.*
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15-20 minutes. Then, press the valve to vent.
- Remove lid, stir smashing a few beans to create a creamy consistency. Add Everything seasoning to taste.
- Serve over white rice.
*If cooking sausage, or want to make sure beans are seasoned, set to 30 minutes high pressure; Release valve and add sausage. Lock lid. Cook for 10 minutes on LOW PRESSURE