This is a Sunday Funday Brunch favorite in the Addy Daddy household. Sub turkey bacon for your fav or sub shrimp for chicken... either way, you can't go wrong.
BASS (Bacon Avocado Shrimp Spinach) Omelet
Author: Addy Daddy Seasoning
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 35 Min
- 12 oz bag of uncooked frozen tail-off shrimp
- 2 cups Monterrey Colby Jack or feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Honey Chipotle Seasoning
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 2 cups of spinach
- ½ red onion
- ½ green bell pepper
- 2 small avocados
- 12 eggs
- Texas Blaze Hot Sauce
- Add frozen shrimp to room temp water. Set aside.
- Crack all eggs into a large bowel. Whisk eggs until beaten together. Set aside
- Heat oven to 375. Rinse 4 slices of turkey bacon and pat dry with a paper towel. Lay bacon on wire rack. Place wire rack over cookie sheet covered with foil. Place in the oven for 8 mins. Add additional time if needed frequently checking. When crisp and brown, crumble and set aside.
- Heat a skillet and add oil. Add sliced onions and pepper and saute for 3 mins.
- While onions and peppers are simmering, pour out the water, rinse shrimp and pat dry. Sprinkle Honey Chipotle seasonings on shrimp. Add shrimp to onions and peppers and saute until shrimp are pink and begin to caramelize. For spice, give 5 dashes of Texas Blaze Hot Sauce. Set aside
- Heat skillet and add oil. Add 1 cup eggs to hot skillet. Drop temp to medium heat. Allow eggs to cook on the bottom of skillet. Slowly swirl skillet around allowing raw egg to move from middle to edges to cook.
- Once eggs are firm, flip eggs over, flat. Add cheese, spinach, shrimp mix, avocado, crumble bacon on top. Finish with another sprinkle of cheese and fold over. Slide on plate
- Repeat for the additional omelets.
- Top omelet with shrimp mix, avocado, and sprinkle bacon. Add Texas Blaze hot sauce.