Deliciously creamy cajun creamed corn!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
- 24 ounce frozen corn
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Addy Daddy Cajun Soul seasoning
- 1 Red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn and allow the corn to Preheat a cast-iron char, stirring just often enough so that the char marks are even and the bottom of the pan does not burn, until evenly charred all over, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, red bell pepper and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of Addy Daddy Cajun seasoning along with the flour and stir until combined evenly, then cook until the flour is cooked and the roux is blond, about 2 minutes. Add half of the milk in a slow stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Add the remaining milk in a slow stream and whisk constantly until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth and thick, about 2 minutes.
- Combines the charred corn into the cream mixture along with the 1 tablespoon of Addy Daddy Cajun Soul seasoning. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer gently until flavors are rich, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with parsley if desired.