Pasta! Pasta! Pasta! Anytime is the right time to have pasta. Try this New Orleans inspired pasta dish kicked up a notch with Addy Daddy Cajun Soul.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
• ½ pound shrimp (deveined) (optional)
• 1 pound of Sausage (Andouille or Beef)
• ½ Green Bell Pepper
• 1 cup Tri-color peppers
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 2 shallots
• 5 tbsp. of avocado oil
• 1 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
• 3 tbsp. Cajun Soul Seasoning
• 2 tsp sea salt
• 1 cup of smoked Gouda
• 1 cup parmesan
• 1 pound fettuccine pasta
• 2 32oz of low sodium chicken broth
• 2 tbsp. All-purpose flour or 2tsp of arrowroot
• 1 cup of Heavy Cream
1. Use a large, 8-quart pot for 1 lb. of pasta and fill the pot approximately 3/4 full of water and Broth, the ratio is 1 to 1. Bring the water and broth to a boil, then add 2 tsp. of salt to the mixture. Add the fettuccine, 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, 2 tablespoons of parsley and stir the noodles in until the noodles are submerged. Place a lid over the pot and expect to cook the noodles for 8 to 10 minutes. After the pasta is done drain and toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat up the 1 tbsp. of avocado oil in cast iron pot and mix in the diced chicken with 1 tbsp. of Cajun soul seasoning, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. After the chicken is cooked set aside.
3. Add the sausage, peppers, Shallots, and garlic to the heated pan and cook for 4 minutes and then add the shrimp, 2 tbsp. of avocado oil and 1 tbsp. of the Cajun, soul seasoning and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to 8-quart pot. Once the oil is heated add the shallots and sauté until translucent, then add the 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 tablespoon of Cajun Soul seasoning. Gradually add 1 ½ cups of chicken broth to the pot. After the broth has been added add 1 cup of heavy cream, ½ a cup of parmesan cheeses, 1 cup of smoked gouda, and 1 tbsp. of Cajun Soul seasoning.
5. Add the cooked chicken and veggies back into the pot cook for 4 minutes.
6. Lower the heat and toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and let simmer for 8 minutes.
7. Serve and garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan.