Serves: 4-6 | Level: Easy | Approximate Time: 65 minutes
- 1 pound chicken breast (chicken thighs can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons Addy Daddy Everything Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned bamboo shoots
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine diced chicken with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Addy Daddy Everything Seasoning. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Sauté the marinated chicken quickly for about two minutes until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add half a cup of coconut milk and cook until the oil starts to separate from the milk.
- Add curry paste to the pan and cook for two minutes, stirring well to incorporate the flavors.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add 1 tablespoon of Addy Daddy Everything Seasoning.
- Stir in two cans of coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 can of coconut milk and 1/4 cup of Thai basil. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Add coconut palm sugar to the pan, followed by bamboo shoots, red peppers, and cooked chicken.
- Bring the curry to a boil again and slowly add the blended mixture, adjusting the amount to your taste preference.
- Stir in the remaining Thai basil leaves and cook for an additional two minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Serve the Thai Basil Chicken Curry with jasmine rice and enjoy the aromatic and flavorful dish.