Author: Addy Daddy Seasoning
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 strips (uncooked) turkey bacon or regular bacon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Addy Daddy S.B.F. Seasoning
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, and additional sour cream and bacon for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the bacon on a baking sheet and cook for about 14 minutes or until crispy. Be careful not to burn it. Once cooked, set it aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, in a large Dutch oven or soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the pot and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the all-purpose flour over the ingredients in the pot and stir until smooth, creating a roux.
- Add the diced potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, sea salt, and Addy Daddy S.B.F. Seasoning to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, approximately 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and carefully transfer 5 cups of the soup to a blender. Puree the soup until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and add the sour cream. Stir well to incorporate the ingredients.
- Allow the soup to simmer for an additional 15 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve the creamy potato soup hot. If desired, top each serving with shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, and additional sour cream and bacon.
- Enjoy the comforting and flavorful Creamy Potato Soup seasoned with Addy Daddy S.B.F. Seasoning.