Author: Addy Daddy Seasoning
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
- 8 strips (uncooked) Turkey bacon or regular bacon
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup A.P. Flour
- 2 ½ lbs russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Addy Daddy S.B.F. Seasoning
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, and additional sour cream and bacon for topping optional
- Place bacon on a baking sheet in the oven at 425F. Cook for about 14 minutes or until crispy. Make sure not to burn.
- While the bacon is cooking, add butter and chopped onion to a large dutch oven or soup pot and cook over medium heat until onions are tender (3-5 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Sprinkle the flour over the ingredients in the pot and stir until smooth.
- Add diced potatoes to the pot, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, and S.B.F. Seasoning. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to simmer and remove 5 cups of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth (be careful blending since the soup is hot.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot, add sour cream, and stir well.
- Allow soup to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.